The ALS DTS PAPI Lights are part of our popular range of Airfield Ground Lighting. They allow the pilot to establish and maintain an exact glide path to the runway for the final landing approach phase, right to the touchdown point both day and night.
This enables the approach procedure to be performed with the utmost accuracy and safety.
The system consists of four light units equally spaced at the side of the runway adjacent to the origin of the glide path. The nominal glide slope angle is midway between the central pair of the four units. The PAPI emits two high powered beams of light, the lower part is red and the top part white.
If an aircraft is on the correct approach path, the pilot will see two red and two white light indicators. If the aircraft approach is too high, an increased number of white light indicators will be seen. If the approach is too low, the pilot will see an increased number of red light indicators and must take corrective action to enable a safe landing in the designated part of the runway.
- Precision aluminium components, treated with a special external coating.
- Secure three point fixing structure.
- Accurate adjustment of elevation angle.
- Precise positioning of optical components and clear transition from white to red.
- High precision electronic inclinometer.
- Branded halogen lamp with life of no less than 2000 hours.
- Optimised thermal design lowers the operating temperature of the electronic driver to prolong life.
- Waterproof breathable value prevents internal condensation forming and affecting performance.
- Contains both lamp and tilt fault alarms for early safety identification.
3 x 100W Halogen Lamps
Dimensions 1100mm (L) x 680mm (W) x 480mm (H)
Net Weight 35Kg
Gross Weight 42Kg